Wednesday 25 February 2015

Playlists

Hello, hello.

Finally I'm in the mood again to write. Well, not really. Just wanna share two playlists which I've made and an update on things that I'm doing right now and gonna do in the next few months. Hopefully. Bismillah.

So I made two playlists recently. One is the fourth disc of Ethan Hawke's The Beatles Black Album playlist, which was included in the movie "Boyhood". The other one is... Sort of a... Compilation of soothing music.. tracks.. thing..

So, the first playlist is called "Black Album IV"... I made the first three Ethan Hawke's playlists on my iPod too and I simply call them "Black Album" followed by Roman numerals I or II or III. 


The songs are taken from John, Paul, George, and Ringo's solo careers. Basically he reunited The Beatles... :'

Btw... Happy Birthday George Harrison! :D

Welp, anyway, I realised that some of my favourites, solo-era Beatles songs were not included in his three-discs playlist... So... I made the fourth disc, which includes some of my fav. songs that were not included in the Black Album, plus some songs that sort of match the playlist..(?)

So, without further ado, here is Black Album IV:

1. Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five - (Paul McCartney & Wings)
2. Give Peace A Chance - (John Lennon)
3. All Those Years Ago - (George Harrison)
4. Peggy Sue - (John Lennon)
5. Oo You - (Paul McCartney)
6. Ding Dong, Ding Dong - (George Harrison)
7. Coming Up - (Paul McCartney)
8. Got My Mind Set On You - (George Harrison)
9. No More Lonely Nights - (Paul McCartney)
10. Nobody Told Me - (John Lennon)
11. When We Was Fab - (George Harrison)
12. How Do You Sleep? - (John Lennon)
13. Somebody Who Cares - (Paul McCartney)
14. Rising Sun - (George Harrison)
15. Never Without You - (Ringo Starr)
16. Working Class Hero - (John Lennon)
17. Let It Be Me (Demo) - (George Harrison)
18. Here Today - (Good Evening NYC, Paul McCartney)
19. Walk With You - (Ringo Starr ft. Paul McCartney)
20. Free as A Bird - (The Beatles)

Black Album I starts with "Band On The Run", so I think finishing what we have started, we have to begin/end(?) with "Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five", the last track on the album "Band On The Run".

We also got John Lennon's song, widely believed aimed at Paul, "How Do You Sleep?"... Followed by Paul's song... "Somebody Who Cares"... Which I found quite beautiful.. And somehow I sort of relate Paul's song with John, knowing that John is no longer around.
I mean, essentially, despite the fallout, they are still the best songwriter partnership that has ever existed.

From 14 to 19... It's sort of the reality, really. John and George are no longer around with us. But their music and spirit live on. The Good Evening NYC version of "Here Today" is really what makes the reality hits us. Paul is still doing live concerts, with his voice becoming more and more scratchy or strained or hoarse..(?) Dunno the correct way to describe it.The way I see it in this playlist, "Here Today" is aimed at both John and George from track 16 and 17... 


"And if I say,
I really loved you and was glad you came along.
If you were here today.


Oo-oo-oo, for you were in my song.
Here today."


And then... "Walk With You". Again, reality hits.. Two of the remaining Beatles, singing together. 

"When I walk with you.
When I talk with you.
Everything will be fine."

And finally, the playlist ends with "Free as A Bird". The first track of Anthology becomes the last track here. :p I mean, you gotta end this playlist with all four Beatles together. :)


So yeah. That's that.


On to the second playlist...

This playlist. I was sort of in the mood of making a soothing compilation of songs, all taken from my iPod. 

I was listening to "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton when this idea struck me. I mean, I put the song on repeat, played it over and over again, realised that this is a frickin beautiful piece of music/ballad/song right here.


Before we begin the second playlist... Here is Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight":


Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton

"It's late in the evening, she's wondering what clothes to wear.
She puts on her make-up, and brushes her long blonde hair.
And then she asks me, 'Do I look all right?'
And I say, 'Yes, you look wonderful tonight.'

We go to a party, and everyone turns to see.
This beautiful lady, that's walking around with me.
And then she asks me, 'Do you feel all right?'
And I say, 'Yes, I feel wonderful tonight.'

I feel wonderful, because I see, the love light in your eyes.
And the wonder, of it all, is that you just don't re-alize how much I love you.

It's time to go home now, and I've got an aching head,
So I give her the car keys, and she helps me to bed.
And then I tell her, as I turn out the light,
I say, 'My darling, you were wonderful tonight.
Oh my darling, you were wonderful tonight.'"

Aw man. Just. So simple and beautiful at the same time. It Hits it perfectly, right in there.

So yeah, listening to this song, how beautiful and soothing it is... I thought, "Hey, let's make a playlist."

I mean, it's not a proper playlist with ups and downs... Sort of in an alphabetical order, this.. If this is a proper playlist, I'd probably put ABBA's "I Have A Dream" last. Gonna arrange it soon, when I have time.

ABBA - I Have A Dream
Air Supply - All Out of Love
Athlete - Chances (Vincent and The Doctor!!)
Barry Manilow - Mandy
The Beach Boys - God Only Knows
The Beatles - Mother Nature's Son
The Beatles - Here, There And Everywhere
Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
Carpenters - (They Long to Be) Close to You
Cat Stevens - The Wind
The Corrs - Runaway
The Cranberries - Linger
Ed Sheeran - Photograph
Elvis Costello - She (Notting Hill!)
Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight
The Everly Brothers - All I Have to Do Is Dream
Frankie Valli - My Eyes Adored You
George Benson - Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You
George Harrison - Let It Be Me
Johan Johannsson - Epilogue (The Theory of Everything)
John Lennon - Love
Julie Delpy - A Waltz for a Night (from Before Sunrise)
Kath Bloom - Come Here (again, from Before Sunrise.. That scene.)
Lionel Richie - Stuck On You
Oasis - Songbird
Paul McCartney - Jenny Wren
Paul McCartney - My Valentine
Paul McCartney - Somebody Who Cares (Three Maccas!)
Queen - Love Of My Life
Rod Stewart - You're In My Heart
Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds of Silence
Sting - Fields of Gold
Wings - Mull of Kintyre (Actually, another Macca...)

So there we are. 34 tracks.

I mean... for a late-1996 born.. This is weird. Too many oldie hits, pops, and movie soundtracks... Plus. Out of nowhere... ED SHEERAN :p He's good tho.

I really need to listen to today's music. Ah well.

All those songs are from my iPod so.. I have like, over 2200 tracks on my iPod... But I believe, most probably, some of the most beautiful pieces of music are still out there somewhere... Outside my iPod I mean.


Moving on. Updates.

I'm in the process of applying to Univs. again. Studying for exams (though still lacking, really) and preparing all those documents, including a Motivation Letter.

Feels good to write again. Especially after a long hiatus, writing something similar to all those IB essays just feels good. 

Feels sad though, because most of my classmates are still struggling on their Try Outs. :( Really would like to help them. Just don't know how.

Anyway, I just hope for the best. And I hope that I have each and every requirements ready. I hope that the Indonesian system of application is... lenient..(?) I'm just afraid that I don't have all the requirements ready... being someone who graduated outside, in a private international school.

Sometimes, the information here is just not enough/lacking... I've been to the Ministry of Education several times, and it seems that they're also confused. 

Really hope that I won't have to wait for another year, simply because of a stupid mistake like.. Not being in the national database or something. 

I mean... That would suck. A lot. Like. Really. I've been preparing for the entrance exam for months and suddenly... Oh God, please no.

Bismillah. Wish me luck.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment